Patient Participation Group (PPG)
After much work in recruiting members and setting the group up, Burlington Primary Care now has an active and enthusiastic PPG. The group consists of 10-12 of our patients who volunteer their time to work with the Practice to improve the care we are able to provide.
The group is also attended by Dr Flett, Senior Partner and Hollie Hart, Assistant Practice Manager.
We don't take up much of your valuable time. We meet every couple of months and always make sure that any projects that require members contributions run on a rota basis so that no one has to make too much of a time commitment.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE GROUP ARE:
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutal interest in their practice
- To provide means for patients to make positive sugestions about the practice and specific medical conditions as an ‘expert or experienced patient’.
- To encourage health education activities within the practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients, such as befriending, help with transport and bereavement support.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
- To involve further patients from the wider population.
If you have any comments, or suggestions that might be of interest to the group, please e-mail the Practice on firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message with our Reception team to pass onto the Assistant Practice Manager.
Please be aware that this group is not the place for single issue complaints; these are to be addressed via the practice’s complaints procedure.